- How do I start sending automatic product review invitations after my customer makes an order?
- How do I implement the rating badges and review widgets on my product pages?
How do I start sending automatic product review invitations after my customer makes an order?
Before you begin this integration process, please ensure you have access to:
- The email software that your eCommerce website uses
- The database that contains your product information (e.g. product images, product name, product ID(s) etc.)
- The database that contains your customer’s information (e.g. product(s) ordered, product ID(s), email, name etc.)
(On your eCommerce platform) Set up a new email in your email software and specify the cadence for when you would like the product review invitation to be sent (e.g. 30 days after the customer makes an order on your website).
(On your eCommerce platform) Create the relevant placeholders in your email and link these placeholders to your database so that your placeholders can be populated with the correct information upon being sent (i.e. the correct product image(s) and product name(s) are used).
(On the Brand Management Platform) Set up a new Catalog on your brand management platform by clicking in the dropdown menu on the top of the Brand Management Platform dashboard:
Add the Write Review Link found in your eCommerce catalog on your brand management platform. Ensure you select the 'Add my own product ID and product name via an external eCommerce emailing software' option:
The link should look similar to the link shown below:
In the link above, please ensure you replace:
- __CATALOG__ with your own catalog name (found in the brand management platform)
- __ITEM_ID__ with your own product ID (this must be kept consistent with the ID in your database)
- __DISPLAY_NAME__ with your customer’s name
- __EMAIL_ADDRESS__ with your customer’s email address
- __PRODUCT_NAME__ with your product’s name
E.g. For an eCommerce store called ‘sandbox.com.au’ who is sending a product review invitation to Jane Doe (email@example.com) for their product ‘Tshirt 1’ (product ID: 111) the link in your email would auto populate to show:
How do I implement the rating badges and review widgets on my product pages?
Go to the Brand Management Platform.
Navigate to the widgets and/or rating badges page and select the widget that you would like to feature on your site.
Go to the installation section, and click ‘Use my own identifier’.
Replace the section “YOUR IDENTIFIER” on the installation code with a placeholder that will add in the relevant product ID on your product page.