How do I import reviews if I wish to switch from my current review provider to ProductReview.com.au for my service-based business?
ProductReview.com.au may be able to import review content from third-party review providers. As a trusted independent consumer review website, ProductReview.com.au has certain requirements that must be met before accepting any external third-party review content. To help you identify whether a review import might be right for your situation, this guide will outline:
- The instances when review imports may be possible
- The Brand Management account requirements that must be met to process a review import
- The general process of importing reviews and general timelines
- Why you may want to move from one review platform to ProductReview.com.au
Instances when review imports may be possible
Reviews will only be considered for imports if they meet the following criteria:
- The business would like to transfer their reviews from their existing review platform to ProductReview.com.au. This does not mean the review content will appear on both platforms but will be moved to be featured on ProductReview.com.au only.
- Reviews have been collected by an official third-party review platform, app, or service and these review platforms must have an official website that outlines their service.
- The review platform allows businesses to export their review content and allows this content to be removed completely from the original platform.
- The exports that the businesses receive are in a spreadsheet that includes the following data points (these are required fields):
1. Review ID (reviewId)
2. Listing ID (subjectId)
3. Listing name (subjectName)
4. Reviewer name (displayName)
5. Reviewer email (emailAddress)
6. Date and time when the review was submitted (submissionDateTime)
7. Rating (rating)
8. Title of the review (title)
9. Body of the review (body)
10. Brand Manager's response (commentBody)
11. Date and time when the brand manager responded to the review (commentSubmissionDateTime)
Note: A template of how this sheet should be set up can be found here: Review Import Template
The Brand Management account requirements that must be met to process a review import
Certain brand management account requirements must be met before an import can be processed. These are:
- The brand must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm their eligibility for this service before supplying the import file containing their reviews.
- The Brand Management account must be on a paid Professional or Premium Tier subscription.
- The Brand Management account must be on an annual subscription. This can be paid either via credit card or via EFT/Wire Transfer invoices.
The general process of importing reviews and general timelines
- The Brand Manager must contact us at email@example.com to confirm their eligibility for this service
- The Brand Manager must ensure they are on the correct Brand Management account requirement before requesting an import (i.e. on a paid annual subscription).
- The Brand Manager must email firstname.lastname@example.org a full export of the review content they intend to import (this document must be raw without any edits or amendments as this may cause inconsistencies in the data and result in a failed import) and inform ProductReview.com.au of the listing they would like to import the reviews to.
- The Brand Manager must provide proof (e.g. a link to the review page that they were previously, a screenshot, etc) so that the ProductReview.com.au team can check to ensure that the reviews have been exported and the previous review platform is no longer hosting this content. This is important to ensure that duplicate content is not created when importing reviews.
- ProductReview.com.au will then begin the import. This may take up to 2 weeks as the file will be checked manually by a team member - moderation flags or inaccuracies with the file may cause additional delays.
- ProductReview.com.au will inform the Brand Manager once this has been completed and these reviews should be visible on the relevant listing page.
- Reviews that have been manually collected via phone
- Reviews that have been manually collected via email
- Reviews that have been manually collected via text messages
- Reviews that have been collected through a business' internal review system
- Reviews collected on a review platform where the user assigns ownership of the user generated content to the third party review platform
- Reviews collected on a review platform where the user retains ownership of their user generated content
- Google reviews
- Facebook reviews
Additionally, ProductReview.com.au reserves the right to reject any request to import review content at its discretion.
Why you may want to move from one review platform to ProductReview.com.au
ProductReview.com.au is both a review platform for businesses to collect and house their reviews and also a front-facing website that receives 9,000,000 page views per month from researching consumers.
Driving reviews for your business to a single source means you are able to improve the visibility of your business on ProductReview.com.au on pages like our category page and certain sections of our listing pages.