The Write Review Link enables you to embed a link into your post-purchase marketing automations. These links will direct users straight to the review form for your listing, and also enables you to pre-fill some of your customer’s details.
This article will outline:
- how to access and use the Write Review Link
- how to access reporting for the Write Review Link
How to access and use the Write Review Link
Log into your Brand Management Platform dashboard.
Scroll down to the Review Acquisition section on the left side of the dashboard, and click ‘Write Review Links'.
If you are managing multiple products under one brand, select the product that you would like to collect reviews for.
If you sell multiple products and these products are also listed on ProductReview.com.au, you can also use the External ID feature to create one link that enables you to direct users to different listings depending on the product they purchased (you can learn more about this here).
Embed this link into your post-purchase marketing automations so that they will be sent to customers after each conversion.
Note: The following attributes can be added to the write review link:
- displayName=__DISPLAY_NAME__ (customer's display name)
- emailAddress=__EMAIL_ADDRESS__ (customer's email address)
- invoiceNumber=__INVOICE_NUMBER__ (customer's invoice number, reference number, order number etc.)
- cmegi=__EXTERNAL_IDENTIFIER__ (your own reporting identifier)
Please ensure you replace: __DISPLAY_NAME__, __EMAIL_ADDRESS__, __INVOICE_NUMBER__, and __EXTERNAL_IDENTIFIER__ with your marketing automation system's substitution tags so that the correct information will be pre-filled into the link.
Most marketing automation systems have specific guidelines on what these substitution tags should be. You would need to change certain fields in the Write Review Link to fit with these requirements.
E.g. If the software guidelines require substitution tags to be in this format: %email_address% you will need to replace __EMAIL_ADDRESS__ with this correct format.
How to access reporting for the Write Review Link
Ensure you have run a review acquisition strategy using our Write Review Link where you have added your own reporting identifier in the review link.
Go to the Reviews tab on the left navigation bar of the Brand Management Platform to see the Source of the reviews on the listing pages that you are managing:
There are three main Source types:
- Other (reviews that have been submitted without using a ProductReview review acquisition tool)
- Write Review Link
- Invitation Campaign (reviews that have been submitted via our Manual Campaign review acquisition tool)
In the example above, the identifier that was used would have been:
Export the review content using the 'Export CSV' button at the top of the page for internal analysis.