- Why do I have multiple catalogs on my Brand Management dashboard?
- What is the difference between the ProductReview.com.au catalog and my own e-commerce platform?
- I've integrated my e-commerce platform with the Brand Management Platform but my products are not appearing (or not all of them are appearing).
Why do I have multiple catalogs on my Brand Management dashboard?
You may have more than one catalog on your Brand Management dashboard if you have integrated your e-commerce platform with ProductReview.com.au. This integration enables you to automatically collect product reviews for the items that you sell. It also enables you to use our rating badges and review widgets to display this on your online product pages.
The ProductReview.com.au catalog refers to all reviews that have been submitted onto the listing(s) that you are managing on ProductReview.com.au. These may be organically submitted or collected via the review acquisition tools available under our paid plans.
The additional catalogs that you have made house the reviews that have been collected via the e-commerce integration you have set up. These reviews are collected after a product review invitation has been automatically sent once a customer has made an order on your online store.
What is the difference between the ProductReview.com.au catalog and my own e-commerce platform?
- The ProductReview.com.au catalog displays all your existing listings on ProductReview.com.au and the content that has been collected on these listings. If you have no existing listings on ProductReview.com.au yet, this catalog will be empty.
- The e-commerce platform catalog that you create and integrate will display all your products imported from the e-commerce platform you are using (e.g. Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento etc.). It will also show the content that you've collected via your automatic invitations.
I've integrated my e-commerce platform with the Brand Management Platform but my products are not appearing (or not all of them are appearing).
The e-commerce platform catalog that you create will not appear on the Brand Management Platform until the first review has been submitted for this item. This is why initially, your catalog will not display many (or any products).